About the Guyana Society for Biodiversity and Ecosystems (GSBE) and the 2016 Local Organising Committee (LOC)
The Guyana Society for Biodiversity and Ecosystems (GSBE) is non-governmental, charitable, non-profit making body established to promote conservation, research and wise management of biological diversity and ecosystems in Guyana and the wider Guiana Shield through its affiliation with partner associations in the region. As such, the GSBE will:
- Design and conduct educational, research and training programmes, appropriately targeted to:
- local and indigenous communities including traditional user communities;
- students, educational and research institutions,
- policy and decision makers and businesses, and
- peri-urban and urban communities.
- Make appropriate conservation and environmental recommendations to governmental agencies, commercial entities, communities and other entities that may have an impact upon the integrity of biodiversity and ecosystems in Guyana.
- Serve as the national chapter of the International Society on the Biodiversity of the Guiana Shield (IBG)
- Seek donations, grants and contracts to carry out its activities.
- Work in collaboration with any agency or organisation in Guyana or elsewhere which has objects similar to that of the Society.
- Do all such other acts and things as the Society considers appropriate for the pursuance of the objects.
The link provide more information as it relates to the International Society for Biodiversity and Ecosystems. Read More.
|Dr. Patrick Williams||Chairman|
|Ms. Vanessa Benn||Vice Chairman|
|Ms. Odacy Davis||Secretary|
|Ms. Kaslyn Holder||Treasure|
|Ms. Jewell Liddell||Secretary Treasure|
|Dr. Raquel Thomas||Committee Member|
|Mr. Remeo De Freitas||Committee Member|
|Ms. Dionne Cush||Secretariat Coordinator|